Zentrum für Interkulturelles
Management & Diversity
Hochschule Bremen • Germany
Culturally Sensitive Counseling and Psychotherapy / Psychological Support for Expat Couples and Groups / Positive Psychology, Success and Adaptation in International Contexts / Gender & Cultural Diversity/ Narrative Methodologies / Regional Focus: US, Mexico, Central America, Colombia and Argentina.
Areas of training:
Cultural Sensitivity & Intercultural Competence; Psychological Interventions with International Populations; Transition Management; Applications of Positive Psychology (optimism, resilience and strength focus) to cultural adaptation; Gender & Cultural Diversity; Cultural Sensitivity for Staff and Faculty (schools, universities). Cross Cultural Coaching
Doctoral Degree in Psychology – Jacobs University Bremen, Germany. (MA) Integrated Social Sciences, Qualitative Research - Jacobs University Bremen. (MA) Counseling and Guidance – New York University. (BA) Psychology – Central American University, El Salvador.
Further Qualifications: Narrative Therapy – Institute of Narrative Therapy, London; Feature Writing, London School of Journalism.
- Since 2017, offers culturally sensitive psychological counseling, coaching and psychotherapeutic services in Bremen for international academics; expats and families in English and Spanish. Webpage: http://culturallysensitivepsychotherapy.eu/
- University Lecturer at Hochschule Bremen, HafenCity Universität (Hamburg), Touro College (Berlin). Associate Faculty member of the Doctoral Program in Integrated Social Sciences, Central American University, El Salvador. (2017). See below list of courses.
- Post Doctoral Work conducting qualitative research with international Project parners (eight European countries) identifying biotechnical industry benchmarks and collaboration across international teams. See: http://intensoproject.eu/. (2016-2017)
- Chair of the Equal Opportunity, Dual Carrier and Family Friendliness Committee. Jacobs University Bremen. (2014-2016)
- Coordinator of the “Student Support Network”, dealing with special needs among international students. Jacobs University Bremen (2014-2016)
- Trainings for International Team Leaders of Biochemistry Labs offering “country specific” and “topic Specific” workshops on prejudice, stereotyping and communication across cultures. Countries: Germany, Mexico, Argentina, Spain, Turkey and Egypt. PGSYS. Marie Curie Scholarships. European Union/Downstream Processing Lab, Jacobs University Project. (2012-2014)
- Human Capital Development Consultancy offering technical assistance on how to support faculty development and gender equality guidelines for Salvadoran Universities. IREX, International Research & Exchanges Board, Washington DC (2013)
- Experiences in Central America as “Cultural Specialist” (US Embassy in San Salvador, El Salvador) and “Human Resources Specialist” for PricewaterhouseCoopers Interamérica (El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras). (1998-2004)
- “Moving from Microaggression to Inclusion”
- “Positive Psychology Tools in Overcoming Acculturation Stress”
- “Psychology of Success for International Students”
- “Reflective Intercultural Competence”
- “Psychology of Health & Illness”
- “Gender and Multiculturalism”
- “Classroom Culture and Academic Success”
- “Intercultural Competence and Communication”
- “From Emotional to Cultural Intelligence”
- “Time Management Among Cultures”